Just as promised, here is part 2 of the 42 strategies to successfully optimize your business website. If you had a handful on the previous one, this is the rest of your homework
21. Print your website in your business cards, flyers, radio/TV ads, newspaper ads, brochures and everywhere you can think of.
22. Give something for free. Free is always good. People tell other people about free stuff. People normally go online for free stuff.
23. Advertise your site on Craigslist. It’s free, relevant and localized when using your keywords.
24. Do NOT EVER, EVER use iframes.
25. Submit your site to DMOZ.org. It takes time, but it’s worth it.
26. Create an XML sitemap of your site and submit it to Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, et al.
27. Comment on Flickr photos. Also, create your Flickr account and upload images and photos of your business and products. Use keywords related to those products to mark and tag them. It works best if you have an idea that actually is worth looking at, rather than just creating random pictures and uploading them with keywords.
28. On your Contact Page ask people if they would accept receiving your newsletter.
29. Send out a newsletter. A well thought, well planned, well designed email newsletter. Don’t become SPAM and learn the laws of email marketing to avoid any issues. And please, use a real email marketing service to track and measure your campaign and deliver your emails as opposed to using Outlook or other email clients.
30. Go to seminars for Website owners. You will learn a lot. If you find a free seminar, even better!
31. Find quality and relevant blogs and leave a comment, with a link back to your site of course. Ensure the comment is really adequate to the article. Submitting random comments of “great article!”, “Just wanted to say hi” and such, in most blogs, will hardly get your comment published as these are usually caught as spam.
32. YouTube, Google Video, Viddler and other video sharing sites as well, are excellent portals on which to launch a viral campaign. You will not always get viral, but if you optimize the video properly, it will rank high in Search Engines and bring lots of traffic of interested prospects to your site.
33. Create a Yahoo Group in the niche where your business and products sit. Remember to manage and update it.
34. If you sell products that are advertised on television by the manufacturer, add “As Seen on TV” to your site. Also consider getting seals of quality, recognition or at least the BBB to create trust in your company.
35. Avoid proprietary technologies like Java, Flash and Active X.
36. Giving away an eBook is an excellent way to generate word-of-mouth about your site.
37. Put downloadable content on your site, but make sure it’s not manufacturer specific – eg. mp3 as opposed to wma or avi versus wmv.
38. Contribute to related subject areas on Wikipedia. Ask bloggers and other Web site owners to review your site and/or products.
39. Utilize user friendly page names and URLs – most tools come with some way to fix this.
40. If you must have a Flash homepage, make sure you have a “Skip Intro” link. Preferably keep Flash to a minimum, as in most cases is unnecessary and people get annoyed.
41. Tell your local rag about your site. These newspapers are desperate for stories.
42. By maintaining a very useful blog and other related activities, become a leading authority on your chosen subject.
Hope this SEO strategies help you obtain success online.